Construction 2025 Report
The UK Government published its Construction 2025 Report in order to outline the steps that will be taken to deliver continued growth in the industry, such as reforming the existing planning system and funding for key infrastructure projects.
The Government worked alongside Professionals and Specialists within the construction industry to develop the strategy, which will improve performance and service while also striving to place Britain at the forefront of the global construction industry.
The strategy breaks down into five key sections that Government and the construction industry have identified as key factors in Britain’s continued efforts to stay ahead of the curve. They are:
- PEOPLE – This relates to the continued development of an industry that has a talented and diverse workforce.
- SMART – This is a commitment to ensuring that the industry remains as efficient as possible whilst also working to innovate and take advantage of technological advancements.
- SUSTAINABLE – The development of an industry that focuses on lower carbon emissions and greener construction exports.
- GROWTH – A defined strategy that results in continued growth across the construction sector and thus sustained growth across the economy.
- LEADERSHIP – A Construction Leadership Council that will provide guidance for the industry as a whole as it moves forward.
Focus on Delivery
The strategy will provide a number of long term benefits to Professionals who seek Specialists for their projects. It commits to creating a 33% reduction in the total construction cost that Professionals will pay for a project, while also committing Specialists to reducing their delivery time by up to 50%.
The objective is to streamline the construction process allowing Professionals who need to complete work within tight budgets and timeframes to achieve their goals. It also represents a commitment on the part of Specialists and Professionals as a whole to make the industry more efficient, thus ensuring that it can compete on the global level.
This is particularly important given that the construction industry is forecasted to grow by as much as 70% by 2025. To achieve this goal innovation is needed to help Professionals find Specialists who are able to offer the expected level of service.
This is where C-Link becomes extremely useful.
The company aims to innovate and bring new ideas to the fore in an industry historically known for being fairly slow to adapt. The platform the company has developed fits in well with the intentions of the Government’s report, particularly in terms of focusing on the delivery of projects, as it offers Professionals the chance to find Specialists that are most suited to their project. Creating a sourcing process that is more streamlined than anything else in the industry today fits entirely into the Government’s aim to make the industry more efficient and cost-effective.
The Government document makes for interesting reading for both Specialists and Professionals alike and can be found by visiting GOV.UK. For more on Construction Link visit www.c-link.com.