6 December 2017
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act) and the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR), the data controller is Construction Link Limited incorporated and registered in England and Wales with the company number 09791821 whose registered office is at Flat B, 43 Hopton Road, London SW16 2EL (Construction Link).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting www.c-link.com (Website) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
INFORMATION CONSTRUCTION LINK MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Construction Link may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give to Construction Link. You may give Construction Link information about you by filling in forms on the Website, or by corresponding with Construction Link by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Website, subscribe to Construction Link’s service, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the Website. The information you give Construction Link may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information Construction Link collects about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Website, Construction Link may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call Construction Link’s customer service number.
Information Construction Link receives from other sources.Construction Link may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites Construction Link operates or the other services Construction Link provide. Construction Link are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- If you access our site via LinkedIn, we will collect information from your LinkedIn account including but not limited to your name, profile photo, profile description, company name and company role.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
Construction Link use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to Construction Link. Construction Link will use this information:
- to carry out its obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Construction Link and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Construction Link;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services Construction Link offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services Construction Link feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, Construction Link will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, Construction Link (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want Construction Link to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to Construction Link’s service; and
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information Construction Link collects about you. Construction Link will use this information:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of Construction Link’s service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of Construction Link’s efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising Construction Link serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information Construction Link receives from other sources. Construction Link may combine this information with information you give to it and information Construction Link collect about you. Construction Link may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information Construction Link receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Construction Link may share your personal information with any member of its group, which means its subsidiaries, Construction Link’s ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Construction Link may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract Construction Link enters into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist Construction Link in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- Individuals you who you include in your pre-qualification application and/or profile as a reference in respect of works you have previously carried out. You consent to us sharing your information in this regard.
Construction Link may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that Construction Link sell or buy any business or assets, in which case Construction Link may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Construction Link or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE CONSTRUCTION LINK STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to Construction Link is stored on its secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where Construction Link have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Construction Link ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Construction Link will do its best to protect your personal data, Construction Link cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once Construction Link have received your information, Construction Link will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW LONG CONSTRUCTION LINK KEEPS DATA FOR
The data that Construction Link collects from you will be kept for a period of up to twelve months following termination of your free account with our site. If you are a Premium Account holder and you cancel your payment, your account will automatically change into a free account.
You have the right to ask Construction Link not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Construction Link will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if it intends to use your data for such purposes or if Construction Link intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms Construction Link use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Construction link at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to request access to, deletion or correction of your personal data and you can do this by sending an email to email@example.com providing full details of your request. The subject header of your email should state “Privacy – amendment of personal data”.
You have the right to request your personal data is transferred to another person and you can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org providing full details of your request including the complete details of the recipient. The subject header of your email should state “Privacy – transfer of personal data”.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Construction Link’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Construction Link do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act and GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.00 to meet Construction Link’s costs in providing you with details of the information Construction Link hold about you.