This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.c-link.com (“our site”). This acceptable use policy applies to all registered users of, and visitors to, our site and sets out, amongst other things, the content standards what apply when you upload content to our site, make contact with other users on our site, link to our site or interact with our site in any other way.
Our site is operated by Construction Link Limited (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales as a limited company under company number 09791821 and have our registered office at 39c Savernake Road, London, NW3 2JU.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this acceptable use policy are welcomed and should be addressed to: email@example.com and referenced as “Acceptable Use Policy” in the subject field.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- tender and order document templates;
- a calendar and notification system which provides alerts for key events relating to your contracts;
- AI software which reads and saves drawings and information;
- AI software which provides Bills of Quantities, measurements and other take off tools.
- budget pricing information for construction projects
- supply chain management which links with specialist service providers and subcontractors on our affiliated site www.weallprosper.co.uk;
- live project upload areas;
- a professional network to connect with other professionals using our site;
- chat rooms;
- bulletin boards;
- contact us forms;
- third party advertising; and
- external links.
(together the “interactive services”).
For the avoidance of doubt, we are not a party to any contract or arrangement entered into between you and another user of our site.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical). We moderate reviews and testimonials posted to our site. We have the right to remove any such posting or contribution you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in this acceptable use policy.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users and visitors to our site from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by you in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards, act responsibly and with a duty of care towards the progression of the industry in which the site operates. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole. Any contributions you make which do not comply with these content standards may, at our sole discretion, be removed.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- relate to your own account in order to give the impression that they emanate from any other entity than you;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When we believe a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate including, at our sole discretion, terminating or suspending any type of account whether paid or unpaid and without notice.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site;
issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; and disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to The Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Which Country’s Laws Apply to Disputes
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to or use of our site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
These terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
Last updated January 2019