Need For Screed
Need for Screed are a nationwide screeding specialist based in Hertfordshire. We have the knowledge and resources to provide the perfect solution for your construction projects. We have worked on projects ranging from small domestic jobs through to large housing, school and commercial buildings, and have built a reputation for providing quality and reliable service for all our clients.
All of our screeders are:
- CSCS compliant
- Qualified to NVQ level 2 in in-situ screeding
- SSSTS trained and commited to maintaining a safe working environment
Should you require an experienced group of screeders to work on any of your projects we would be happy to assist you in any way we can. With low labour only prices and fast dry screed additives available to drive down project timescales, Need for Screed are confident that we can not only provide the best solution for your needs, but also the best price.
Our range of screeding services include:
- Traditional sand cement screeds
- Fibre screeds
- Screed for under floor heating
- Quick drying screeds
Need For Screed have been working closely with PCT products for over 6 years and we have vast experience with Retanol Xtreme and Retanol EKA BW.
PCT products have many key benefits such as:
- Guaranteed drying times: from 48hrs for tiles and 72hrs for all other floor coverings.
- Foot traffic after 24hrs.
- Approximately 80-90% of final strength within first 3-4 days.
- Underfloor heating can be run after 24hrs.
- Ideal for underfloor heating with improved thermal conductivity.
- Extended working life with short drying time.
- Insensitive to moisture, therefore suitable for permanently wet areas.
- Can be used for internal and external location.
- UFH pipes require a minimum of 30mm coverage over the pipe (As per BS 8204).
- No fibres required.
What we do